Commercial and General Litigation
Litigation happens. And when it does, you want a law firm that can win. Jesse Strauss has worked for two nationally recognized law firms, clerked for a United States District Court judge, and litigated matters in courts around the nation. He has tried cases in front of a jury, and won significant victories for his clients. Strauss Law knows how to get results from the civil justice system. Put us to work for you.
- Represent a technology investment fund's management company in dispute with investor regarding investment returns. Currently opposing motion for summary judgment in Supreme Court, New York County, Commercial Division.
- Represent energy trading risk management consultant in breach of contract, trade secret misappropriation, and business tort dispute with a major Canadian utility, its auditor, and a governmental regulator. Case currently on appeal in the United States Court of Appeal for the Second Circuit.
- Represent purchasers of real estate in a dispute with seller regarding latent defects and breach of contract rider. Ongoing litigation in New York State Supreme Court, Kings County.
- Represent former named partner in a law firm regarding partner's guaranty of law firm debt. Prevailed in summary judgment motion. Case is ongoing in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represent marketing agent in case against developer for non-payment of fees incurred in connection with New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development "Homeworks" project. Matter currently on appeal in the New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department.
- Represented owner of defunct website in litigation claiming non-payment of fees to website developers. Case was discontinued after robust defense.
- Represented real estate limited liability company in attorney malpractice matter against lawyers who represented limited liability company in loan refinancing. Reached a high dollar value settlement after prevailing on summary judgment motion.
- Represented member of limited liability company in action against major national bank who employed a mortgage broker involved in fraud. Reached favorable settlement after prevailing in key motion practice.
- Represented home construction contractor in dispute with insurance carrier. Case settled on favorable terms.
- Represented technology staffing firm in non-payment dispute with contractors. Case settled on favorable terms.
- Represented foreign event promoter in contract dispute with allegedly unpaid performers. Case was discontinued after robust defense.
- Represented a commercial real estate broker in a dispute regarding unpaid commissions with a national law firm. Reached a very favorable settlement after prevailing in key motion practice.
- Represented website owner in copyright infringement matter. Case settled on favorable terms.