Workplace disputes are tough and the stakes are high. Strauss Law has a proven record of successfully resolving workplace disputes on favorable terms for clients. We handle severance issues, discrimination, and hostile work environment claims. We develop a strategy and execute with precision, making sure the client is informed every step of the way. And we win.
- Represent job applicant rejected due to a failure to accommodate religious observance. Filed lawsuit under New York City's Human Right's Law which provides greater protections and higher standards for "undue burden" than the State of Federal Law.
- Represent employee terminated for after failure to accommodate prescription drug dependency. Matter ongoing.
- Filed hostile work environment and gender discrimination claim against well-known New York City cafe. Matter resolved with six figure settlement.
- Negotiated a generous severance package for an employee who was terminated due to disputes with supervisor. Obtained a negotiated settlement several times greater than pre-retention offer.
- Successfully resolved a pregnancy discrimination matter. Client obtained all compensable damages after employer took an initial no-pay position.
- Obtained very favorable settlements in multiple gender discrimination matters after filing administrative proceedings.