Business Ownership Disputes
Starting or investing in a business can be, well, tricky business. Strauss Law has worked with numerous owners and investors (and purported owners and investors) to resolve disputes. These disputes can be acrimonious and fact-intensive, involving long-term business relationships or even family. Strauss Law's dedication to principle-based advocacy ensures that we won't mistake the forest from the trees.
- Representing investors and lenders in dispute with fashion designer regarding value of investments and payment of notes, as well as other business torts. Active litigation in the New York State Supreme Court Commercial Division, New York County.
- Representing member of defunct limited liability company in litigation regarding claims to limited liability company property. Case currently pending in New York State Supreme Court, Bronx County.
- Representing investor in life sciences company regarding value of shares upon merger of company. Negotiations ongoing.
- Represented a family-owned musical instrument distributor in dispute regarding distribution rights and investment agreements. Settlement after a three-week jury trial and mixed verdict in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. Served as co-counsel.
- Represented seller of an engineering firm in dispute regarding payment of remaining portion monies due under and asset purchase agreement in light of indemnity obligations. Resolved matter on favorable terms short of litigation.
- Represented absent founder of a internet retailer in dispute regarding value of shares. Negotiated by-out of shares on favorable terms.